Springpad - P90X and Hammer's Other Sports Agendas

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Rain,Rain Go Away

It's been raining down here all week.  I wanted to play some tennis ( I'm in a singles tournament as well), but the weather is not cooperating.  My little one, Shawn had hernia surgery on Monday. All went well and he's bouncing off the walls as usual!

Andy Davis and I played Crystal Lakes on Saturday and we had  a blast.  We teed off at 3pm and the course was wide open. Although over-priced, you can find some great deals at golfnow.com for singles or foursomes.
I shot 83 and Andy shot 94. We worked on Andy's address position on the back 9 and he was coming off the tee extremely well! We both birdied the 9th.....he chipped in (putted off the fringe) and I made a 20 footer right behind him, with a very cute cart girl cheering us on (hey, we were minding our own business!!!)

The MGA (Men's Golf Association) monthly  tournament held at Fort McPhearson is scheduled for this Saturday and I'm still up in the air as to whether I'll play or not. It's a fantastic event, and although the course isn't long, it's a risk/reward layout.  I don't normally play unless Sy Fitzgerald or John Perry plays. I have an 11 handicap there and I feel I am playing to a lower handicap in the past 2 months.

No comments: